Skip to main content

Reply to "Spring Training 08"

quote:
Originally posted by FormerObserver:
Size, especially the pitchers.

Confidence.

Speed.

Pitching. Command, control, and talent.

Hitting. Power. Complete change to wood bat.

Little things about the game of baseball.

Respect for other players.

Maturity.

Experience. Serious.

AAA players have been encouraging to my son because they know what he is going through.

Just really fascinating for me to get to observe.............

Just wanted to add as I have watched Son as he has progressed through the minors.
Single A- Hitters are free swingers and strike zone can sometimes be little bit wider.
AA- Hitters are more patient and pitchers have to throw all their pitches for strikes. Hitters recognize that a pitcher can't find the zone with offspeed and will sit "dead red".
AAA- Just like the bigs most of these hitters can rake if pitcher makes a mistake. I have seen pitchers who have made good pitches with curves/sliders but the problem is they hung just a little to long. Hitters even though fooled can stay back and still hit it out.
I can also add that in the past week son has had a few friends from his organization released. He stated that this was tough as these players showed up in the morning waiting to take the practice field. Son also said that if you show up in the morning and have to see the minor lg player director that this isn't a good sign.