Skip to main content

Reply to "Spring Training 08"

Cut Day tomorrow for the Pads as well. Word was it was going to be Saturday...now Sunday (Happy Easter) as Sunday is the day meal money is handed out Roll Eyes.

So Boy was in the lunch room early with some guys today, left his drink at his place and went to get a tray. When he comes back, a guy in sand-blasted pants (as worn at the Major League camp) is sitting in his chair. Guy says "my bad"; Aeden says "No, man, you're wearing sand-blasted pants, you can sit wherever you want!" "How many Spring Trainings you been to?" "This is my first." "Good. You learn fast. At my third, I said something to Trevor Hoffman when he cut me in the lunch line; he looks down at me and says 'you blanking say something to me, meat?' That's when I learned."

He's been catching some bullpens for the ML guys who have been very forthcoming with how to call a game, based on the pitcher's strengths merging with the hitters' propensities. Magic.

And.....anybody else heard about locker room football??? Big Grin

I sent him a Care Package the other day, including a twenty and told him to take Dirk out for a couple of beers from his fans at the hsbbweb. Dirk loved it!
Last edited by Orlando