Skip to main content

Reply to "Squeezing recruiting timeline"

quote:
at the time line; college coaches can call July 1st, but they are not going to call a complete stranger. The players who get a call on July 1st are already on the radar screen by now. National Letter of Intents are signed in Nov. that is when they are signed; the actual decision to recruit that particular player was made back in August or September. This makes playing on a good summer team a top priority. I would recommended a travel team that attends WWBA type tournaments, summer showcases, and camps at a particular college if your son has a few favorite colleges. If your son dos not get a lot of attention this fall then the fall team and schedule becomes the priority, but I would't waste the summer season in the hope that the fall season is successful.

BB27 I second your thoughts. IMHO Legion will do nothing to help with exposure, you need to have him on a good summer team that will travel and be seen by colleges. Many teams will have tourneys on college campuses and as mentioned the WWBA tournament.

A couple of assumptions here that your Son is currently contacting college coaches expressing interest and you have an idea at what level he is capable of playing at. I would also recommend attending a college camp "if" he has a strong desire to attend a specific school. The recruiting timeline link can show you where you are in the process and what you need to do. There still is time but do not wait till the Fall if you can help it.