Skip to main content

Reply to "Standard Camp Invite or Genuine Interest"

BishopLeftiesDad posted:

Even with the new rules some of the same questions are still valid:

1. Is it a school I am interested in? (size, location, has my major, Etc...)
  2. Do I have a realistic chance at succeeding academically at that school? Do I have the academic background and grades to be successful.
  3. Is it a school I would be interested in if it were not for baseball? 
  4. How high is the school on my list? 
  5. What is the cost, and can I afford the total cost of traveling to the camp. (Bang for your buck)
  6. Athletically how do I match up with the players they actively recruit. Is most of the team Are over 6 ft, and mash, and I project out to be a 5'11" grinder with speed? You must be brutally honest when determining if you can play at a school.

Same apply no matter when recruiting starts. However, student Athletes need to project earlier where they will be as a senior. 

I think this is a good list to vet camp invites.  One point I would add is this - has the coach seen your son play and has there been some interest expressed?  I'd guess the answer is no.  I would not waste time on a school camp unless there is specific interest in your son, or it is the 11th hour (for a '21 it is not).  Otherwise you are more than likely wasting time and money - JMO.