Skip to main content

Reply to "Standard Camp Invite or Genuine Interest"

Technology has changed and twitter DM's are becoming the new emails because people perceive they are personal and not generated but they can be.  New software for coaches has DM's as an option along with snapchat and instagram.  The newest is a snapchat from practice with a note inviting them to a camp.  No one assumes you can mass generate snapchats but you can through the newer recruiting software. 

We only had success with two camps and both were the same.  We received information from the RC saying they wanted him on campus to see the campus and the rest of the staff be able to see him.  They both gave us reduced rates for the camps and a code to signup with that reduced rate.   We went and everything went as planned.  They both invited us back the next week for a personal visit to make an offer which one did.  The other called the day before the offer visit and apologized because the HC had been fired.  Skip forward several months and the new staff invited us for a camp to see him personally and we went, no reduced fee but thought it was just a new staff and not understanding the process.  They never spoke a word to him.  They were not even watching when he was pitching.  He threw one inning with 2 K's and a groundout, 8 pitches.  i wanted to go shout at them at least watch when we paid $150.  They also let him hit and he hit 2 out.  Only one more kid hit a ball to the fence.  Never a follow-up.  Understand why now.  They have not been successful as a coaching staff either.

I think if it is real they will let you know for sure it is real.  But I also know that if you are what they are looking for and do a great job MAYBE they will see you.