Skip to main content

Reply to "Stanford All Star Camp - June 25-28"

quote:
Originally posted by sulltiger24:
IMO, players should be spending their summer weekends playing actual games with their teams ..not doing so many camps/showcases . Colleges/scouts are plentiful at many of the better tournaments . Summer should be more about playing rather than showcasing. The only showcase my son is doing was the Stevenson this past weekend. More important to use the summer weekends to play against the competition and get plenty of at bats .

Now, this is just my opinion, and it is coming from across the pond.I will also add the Headfirst Honor Roll camp to this discussion. The Stanford Camp is just a very unique and special opportunity for a player to showcase his skills in front of dozens and dozens of coaches from schools on the East Coast, West Coast and in between. We know our son was not a Pac 10 player but we also knewthat he wanted to spread his wings when it came to a college choice. This camp caters to that kind of player, unless you are from California and can be seen by every California school at this one event

This simply is not the case by traveling the midwest circuit during the summer and even in Marietta you wont find this type of school representation. Great experience for our son.