Skip to main content

Reply to "Stanford All Star Camp - June 25-28"

Obviously, Mark has the money to spend and is not ashamed to tell us about it. I'd mention some theories about "conspicuous consumption" but that's for another day. Mark, I would second and third the statements about the impression you are leaving. You want to inform the masses about your marketing strategy for you son. You intend to use this site for that purpose. That isn't the purpose of this site. Please keep that in mind. I'd suggest that you error in your assumption that college coaches are going to read your posts and get all consumed in the merits of your child. Rather, I'd suggest, you are raising a red flag. Yes, your son might merit a little financial aid to some institution of higher learning. However, I'm betting he is earning that by his actions on the field and not your posts on this site. To suggest otherwise is absurd. Then again, perhaps you can pull off one of the greatest marketing campaigns of all time and have your son get that full ride to a top ten school. If so, congratulations. If not Mark, you're setting your son up for constant ridicule.

I'm going to watch this topic closely. I don't feel comfortable myself knowing that the table is being set for attacks on a young man that has nothing to do with this thread. Please, I'd ask fellow posters to take that into consideration.

Take care,

Darrell Butler
Last edited by CoachB25