Skip to main content

Reply to "Stanford Camp"

As to Cal Poly- Coach Price left there after 2002. He was at the Stanford 2003 camp as the Kansas coach.

Not aware that anyone from Cal Poly was at the Stanford '03 camp and I'm quite certain that no one from Stanford was at the Cal Poly 03 camp (as they had been in the past when Price was at CP)

the 03 Cal Poly camp was actually a disappointment in terms of other school involvment. It is/was run in a very similar format to the Stanford camp and was advertised that many, many schools would be there. Unfortunately, with Price leaving, they must have lost many "connections". the only other schools present that I saw at the Cal Poly camp was one coach from Tennessee and a coach from UCDavis. The rest were local high school personnel and mostly Cal Poly's staff and some folks from the local semi-pro SLO Blues.

The camp was fine instruction and otherwise, but if your hope was to be "seen" at the Cal Poly camp this past summer, there was very, very, very little exposure other than Cal Poly's own people. It was nothing like Stanford in this respect. For that matter, I think Stanford's camp is unique at least on the west coast. My son has been to camps at SC, UCLA, Pepperdine and others and it is always just there own people. Only at Stanford did we find representatives from other schools and there were dozens.

Several people in fact left early from the Cal Poly camp making alot of noise that it wasn't as advertised (and it wasn't).
Last edited {1}