Skip to main content

Reply to "Stanford Camp"

My wife was reading this thread last night and had a great insight I thought should be shared.
Is the Stanford Camp terrific. Not a doubt. But it is not a guarantee of anything. Our son got in as a last minute cancellation, because he was local...and we could afford the cost. Smile He played extremely well by all reports and got a very, very good written review. We mailed and faxed that written skill report and projection to every school where he had an interest(12 in all if I recall). He did receive interest from schools where he had no interest based on the Camp. For the schools in which he had great interest, only one responded in a lukewarm way to seeing him at Stanford. That coach seemed to find the things that were negative, not the positive. Luckily one coach saw him, believed in him and recruited him.
Two points to the post: (1) It only takes one coach to find you to make the camp worthwhile.(2)Even a good performance at Stanford is not "guarantee" of success; you still need to prove yourself and even with a solid performance, there will be coaches who will be looking to find why you can't make it rather than why you can.
Last edited by infielddad