Skip to main content

Reply to "Stanford Camp"

Just a brief update since we are still on the road with Don Mattingly State Tournament in AZ.

TOTAL PLAYERS: 130 ( 8 teams)
TOTAL COLLEGE COACHES: 15( Official..11D1) , >10(unofficial)

All 3 games at Sunken Diamond. Almost everything in thread accurate but they added on field BP this year.

They are considering doing the Futures Camp weekend before or after Labor Day next year. Reason they did this in July this year was due to a Home Football game this coming Labor Day.

RR23Jr had a great time and good experience. He played in all 3 games and played primarily 3b but also had time at 1b and RF. He had good ABs (2b,1b).His team went 2-1. He normally don't say much but when I ask him how was the camp and if he wants to go back this year."It was great and I want to do it again next year."

We already got follow up thank you email from Coach Stotz and whole staff and to lookout for the invite next year and keep up grades.

In Summary, if RR23 did good, fair or bad, the experience and exposure he got from The Futures Camp made him a better player.

I am curious to know how detailed is the evaluation the Camp Staff would send in a few weeks. Any feedback is appreciated.

P.S. He got the GW hit RBI in the bottom of the 11th inning @11pm last night with the bases loaded in the 2nd game of the doubleheader in the Don Mattingly Wood Bat State Tournament 1 day after Stanford Camp. (Game Time 3 hrs)

17U Don Mattingly Update

VIDEO GW HIT Don Mattingly AZ State

THANKS FOR ALL THE INFO ON THIS THREAD! Smile
Last edited by Ryanrod23