Skip to main content

Reply to "Stanford Camp"

quote:
Originally posted by BOF:
When my son did the Stanford Camp, we discussed doing it. At that time it was after the SC. If your son is a pitcher there may be some problems with the amount of rest required. The other issue to take into account is fatigue. I know my son did not pitch until the end of the Stanford camp and he was very tired (he is a two way) by the time he got to his pitching rotation, and was graded lower because of this.

The only other issue is the cost. We decided to pass becuase of fatigue concerns as well as the cost. (both out of pocket for the event as well as travel, hotel, away from work, etc.)

You can request pitching early in the HF, and late in the SC if you are a pitcher and can make it work this way also.

We met kids who did both FWIW.

Just wanted to follow up on this post for anyone considering doing this next year...son did both and it was a great experience. Each camp had its own special "WOW" moments; Headfirst for the unbelievable access to coaches from phenomenal schools and Stanford for the combo of meeting coaches and the very high level of baseball. Son also enjoyed meeting ballplayers from all over the country at each camp (I think this was his favorite part). He was not too tired (he is 2-way too) bc he pitched early at Headfirst and late at Stanford. His only complaint was that the dorm they stayed in was a "billion miles away" and his legs got tired from all the walking Smile I would recommend this combo to ANY high academic kid who wants to connect with college baseball coaches...it (+ WWBA 17U afterwards) has made a HUGE difference in how much attention he is getting now. Thanks to all the websters who encouraged us to sign up for these camps!