Skip to main content

Reply to "Stanford vs. Headfirst"

quote:
Originally posted by Natural:
The VA event is their "signature" event with the most coaches there and the most history behind it. If possible, I would go to that one. The Sacramento event was designed to get the coaches from the Stanford camp to come afterwards.

I think HF-VA does get a few more coaches, but in our case the 'doubling up' of Stanford+ Sacto HF coaches from schools who were interested in my son certainly helped. They possibly got to see him a tiny bit at Stanford (if at all...because the fields are all spread around and the bulk of the coaches seemed to just hang out at Sunken Diamond and my son didn't pitch there)....though the ones that caught wind of him at Stanford were also able to see him in a more focused environment right away at Rocklin HF. That was the one-two punch we needed, son pitched great, and it looks like all will come to a head here very soon as admissions staffs meet to determine the next incoming class.

HF will let you know which coaches will be at which events. HF's Brendan Sullivan is an incredible guy...just shoot him an e-mail and ask him these questions directly. You'll get a prompt and helpful reply I'm sure.
Last edited by Krakatoa