Skip to main content

Reply to "Starting All Over"

ytbaseball, I really enjoyed reading your post. It sounds like you have been through a lot these past few years. The really cool thing is that your passion for the game has never waned.

Regarding your questions:

1. I noticed that you are a student at Texas A&M. Gig 'em! They have a very good club baseball program you can look into. Here is the link:
http://studentactivities.tamu....ofile#profile-public
If you get in some innings your senior year and still feel like you would like to try and reach the next level, you can always attend a few free pro tryouts in the spring/early summer of 2009 or 2010.

2. Someone else will have to help you with this.

3. Your brother (the h.s. senior) needs to cast a very wide net right now. He should email the recruiting coordinators of D1, D2, D3, and JUCO programs that he is interested in and explain his situation. (Don't contact only high-level D1's. Be open-minded to any and all opportunities.) The good news is that many college programs are still looking for pitchers in the spring and summer. He should email these recruiting coordinators his spring schedule, but don't be surprised if they are too busy with their own seasons to come to any games. Honestly, your brother should give serious thought to playing for a select team this coming summer, when more college coaches can see him on the mound. I live in Texas and am familiar with a number of programs. I would be happy to talk with you more about this if you'll send me a PM.

Hope to hear from you soon. Best wishes!
Last edited by Infield08