Skip to main content

Reply to "Starting practice"

Redbird-
I'd love to show it to you...but then I'd have to kill you!
I have all of it on disk in one place or another, but it would take hours to get you all of it.
Below, I'll post the different areas (I have them separated) that I have and a few things in each area. Hope that is sufficient.

1- Scheduling
*schedules for all 3 teams, winter workout groups/phone numbers, bus times, lineups

2- Contacts
*all emails, phone numbers, and addresses of all players, coaches, AD's, vendors, etc.

3- Recruiting info
*info for players looking to play at the collegiate level - what to look for, how to find a good fit, regulations,etc. I put together a packet and conduct a seminar for my guys every year.

4- Uniforms & Equipment
*inventory lists, new ideas/potential purchases, check-out lists, pricing guides, Needs vs. Wants list

5- Fundraising
*new year projections, past numbers, budget, info for all booster club members, booster plans/actions as well as sub-committees, media guide information

6- Tryouts
*stations w/ instructions, preseason info, facility diagram, charts for evaluations

7- Handbooks (I give every player a detailed handbook every season)
*PRIDE letter, individual position expectation sheets, Code of Conduct, lineup organization (hitters & pitchers), Keys to greatness

8- Coaching Cornerstones
*letters from former players (motivation for me, not the guys), practice checklist for all needed elements, field maintenance checklists

9- Miscellaneous
*teacher lists of student/athletes in the program, field specs, motivational speaking outline

10- Winter workouts
*strength training, self-evaluations, workout session sheets, overview of workouts, grades (eligibility?)

11- Athletic Director
*contacts, important dates, order forms, athletic handbook info, receipts from clinics

12- Clinics/Camps/Private Lessons
*brochures, instructional guidelines, contacts

13- Spring Trip
*We go on one every year. This contains hotel, airline (if applicable), food, and entertainment information, as well as contacts of coaches for field usage and booster approval forms/packets

14- Parent Stuff
*5 keys to a successful parent/coach relationship, meeting info, parent syndrome article (from HSBBWEB)

15- Off-season
*reminders of things that need to be done and a calendar to help with organization

16- practices
*practice plans, itemized list of needs, do's and don't's lists, etc.

**I know this is a lot, but I wanted to adequately show you. I take great pride in the time I've put into this book, and I am always looking for ways to make it better.