Skip to main content

Reply to "State Private"

Nova....I do believe we're in agreement regarding these public school teams playing top private school teams, I'm just not able to do a good enough job of articulating that for some reason. There seems to be this underlying concern that if these top public school teams play the top private schools, what's the benefit? Well, stating the obvious, a really good game between two talented teams, however, they shy away from this due to concerns that they might lose players to these private schools. First, very few "recruit" that way. Secondly, These top private school baseball programs don't have to be too aggressive w/ the so called "recruiting" as most players and parents will search them out.

I have heard that some of the top private school coaches along w/ some of the top public school coaches are talking about hosting here locally, a tournament of champions, an event at one of the nicer fields in the area. The concept is in the beginning stages of discussions but they're looking to invite the top 4 private school teams in the area to face off against the top 4 public school teams in the area. In addition would invite all the local media, scouting groups, etc. to attend. I love the concept and am certainly encouraging the coaches I know to move in the right direction to make this happen. There are a couple teams you've mentioned that would partcipate if the logistics can be resolved. It's certainly an alternative to travelling hundreds of miles, paying thousands, just to play a team from your own backyard. There are enough talented teams in this region that w/ the right organizers, sponsors and teams participating we could have one heck of an event every year where the best play the best each and every year while saving thousands.

In regards to the rankings it's pretty simple. Any team in the country that starts 21-0, finishes 27-3 w/ all three losses coming by a combined total of only 4 runs, defeating four nationally ranked teams, 2 defending state champions, win their own State Title, how can you argue w/ any of that or the rankings that Paul VI has earned this year?

Nova, I'll be over at South County tomorrow for the late game, perhaps we can make some introductions, PM me
Last edited by j2h6