Skip to main content

Reply to "Stats on Max Preps"

Buckeye 2015 posted:
$tinky posted:

I tend to agree about the maxpreps hs stats.  Would you guys say the same thing about perfect game game stats?  Would you say these hold the same merit (or lack of) than hs maxprep stats?

Same as HS....nothing.  They put 200+ kids on the all-tourney team at every event.  Anyone who hits over .333 gets their name on the list.  Why?  To make parents happy so they can tell their friends "my son made the all tourney team at a big tourney in Georgia"    Again, coaches, scouts, etc don't care about stats AT ALL....they care what they see on the field, not in a box score or stat sheet.  

I understand your thought pattern but you do understand there are only 17 guys in the Baseball Hall of Fame who batted .333 or better.  So what should be the number for making all-tournament?  For the bigger tournaments there is the all-tournament and best of the tournament which has the top 10 or so players overall.  Not trying to start an argument but .333 is not bad batting and at the WWBA's that is 200 kids out of 6,000 kids.  Which is 3%.  Not bad in my opinion.