Skip to main content

Reply to "Stay where signed or transfered?"

Had one that transferred...one that stayed...

Every situation is markedly different...there is no template...you do your best to find a fit...you track down every lead...you ask all the right questions...you do your due diligence...and I can guarantee that your "fit" will arrive with suprises and challenges that you could never have forseen or predicted...for that reason I suggest that it is best to train and prepare your players phsyically, mentally, emotionally and academically to adapt and adjust and be flexible...be it here or on the move. The ability to function and thrive in the chaos and challenge is arguably the most important skill a player can possess and a huge advantage. The invitation to a new higher level is simply an opportunity to start over again at the bottom. Those who struggle the best will grind their way to success, and every player will face that requirement at some point...if not now later...I can make a case the sooner the better. Reagrdless if they end up transferring or not they need to be able to have held their heads high, knowing that they fulfilled what was asked to the best of their ability, been a productive part of the team, made academic progress, learned life lessons, and leave without bitterness. My transfer simply redefined and reclarified his goals after his first year, looked at the tradeoff's in baseball and life, prioritized them, and decided that his were not in line with what the program offered. He left on very good terms. Over the year he had done everything that was asked of him and more, he was highly respected by teammates, caoches and professors, was asked to stay, respectfully declined, and thanked the staff and the program on the way out for their help and guidance and has not looked back.

Cool 44