Skip to main content

Reply to "Staying well-armed ... Young pitchers are increasingly at risk of injury"

Originally Posted by J H:
Skylark- I thoroughly look forward to your contributions to these boards, as I have duly noted many times in the past. Your research in pitching trends and what you see in HD from the centerfield camera angle on your television are so obviously far more advanced than any of the scouting technology and material that professional organizations use, it comes as no surprise that your conclusions are so vividly and accurately detailed.

Its 2:30 AM here on the east coast and I'm up reviewing the tutorials for the advanced scouting software that I will be introduced to as I embark on a job within the advanced scouting department of an MLB team in a few months. The information in this tutorial was something that I perceived as being very daunting upon receiving it, but since you've provided us with your information, my work in learning the technology and contributing to the department is no longer needed.

I'll be sure to refer all of the professional hitters and pitchers that I will be getting paid to work with to you.

Thanks JH, hehe.
All I am saying is that 8 out of 10 professional pitchers tip their changeup at some point in their delivery. The other 20% have mastered the effect and it is truly great. If the majority of mlb pitchers could effectively throw the changeup, you would see it thrown more often, perhaps more than breaking balls. But you dont and probably will not see a comeback by the change anytime soon.