Skip to main content

Reply to "Staying well-armed ... Young pitchers are increasingly at risk of injury"

Originally Posted by Skylark:
Originally Posted by J H:
Originally Posted by Skylark:
Jh,
Like I said, the changeup is theast thrown out of the 4 main pitches. 80% only applies to the changeup not other pitches. If you think that a large majority of professional pitchers dont tip their changeups somewhere in their delivery, then go ahead and believe it. My eyes dont lie.
Huh?

I said this:
"From 2003-2011, more changeups were thrown than curveballs, by a significant margin."

That is based on Pitch F/X data you can find very easily on FanGraphs. It took me about 20 seconds. The raw data proves your eyes wrong.

As I previously stated, I plan to tell my superior with the MLB organization I'm working for that the technology that they use is completely archaic. Skylark's eyes tell us the complete opposite of what the research and kinetic analysis tell us, so of course, he's right.

From what I have researched, on average, the changeup is thrown less than breaking balls. The slider or hard breaking ball is the most thrown offspeed pitch in professional baseball.

Yes, it is. And from 2003-2011, the changeup was second, the curveball was third. What's your point?