Skip to main content

Reply to "Still want to play professional baseball???????"

quote:
"I am glad you have sons who play minor leage ball - I would LOVE to do what they are doing but I am not good enough. But that doesn't mean I have it easy because I don't play minor league baseball. Get off your high horse and realize everyone has to work hard to achieve something."

Before I pressed "post now" last night, I deleted several thoughts and figured I would sleep on Coach's posts and statements.
When I logged on this morning, I wanted to make sure I was on the HSBBW where we talk about baseball. Then I checked to make sure I started this thread in the "Going Pro" section.
Finally, I reread my first post that started this thread. All I tried to express were some feelings about the business side of the minor leagues captured as I watched a friend and former teammate(traded to that night's opposition as he walked into the stadium) of my son drive off with his new wife in their 19.. something pickup at 11pm at night.
Not sure where I created the perception that I was on any "high horse." Not sure how I created the "perception" that those not playing minor league baseball have it "easy." Certainly not sure where I created any perception that school teachers/coaches or any other job doesn't involve hard work, if you want to accomplish something.
In fact, I already posted that baseball is a game and this thread was never intended to compare/contrast with those risking everything in the line of military service.
Bottom line, Coach, I don't think I posted anything to create your response. I will continue to post about life in the minor leagues and will do so knowing that is all I am describing. If you want to take it and compare it with the daily journey all of us take through life and work, so be it. I cannot control perceptions that my posts are not intended to address.
Last edited by infielddad