Skip to main content

Reply to "Still want to play professional baseball???????"

quote:
Then I checked to make sure I started this thread in the "Going Pro" section.

Well I found this in the golden thread forum. If I knew it was in the Going Pro forum I probably would have reacted differently. I will apologize for that one.

When I quoted your post for my first response I didn't mean it as a criticism to you. In fact when I went back to the posts I "went off on" you didn't post them. It was njbb and 20dad - and maybe I mistook what they put. I sincerely apologize to you infielddad because I was not directing anything at you.

Here is what upset and offended me.

njbb

quote:
I have a daughter and son in law who are teachers that also coach and a son in the minors ... the 2 jobs are nothing alike.
I don't know if any one has mentioned that players don't get paid during spring training, instructional league or winter work outs.. that takes up about 3 1/2 mos. so their only paid for 5 1/2 mos.
Players have the choice and they are doing what theywant to do.. But its not a glamorous life style.
The posters who have sons in the minors are only trying to give the other members a realistic idea what life is like in the minors.

20dad

quote:

Not sure if 20dad is going to show up but its a picture of hands clapping and a sign that says agree 100%.

I agree that playing in the minors is tough (although I have no first hand experience) and it's a business. I was just trying to make a small comment that it's hard work to be successful. I was intending to basically back up what you said infielddad. The high horse was for njbb and 20dad.

I apologize for the mixup between you and I infielddad.