Skip to main content

Reply to "Still want to play professional baseball???????"

I was not saying my daughter,son inlaw or you for that matter are not hard workers... I said the 2 jobs are nothing alike. Where my daughter and son inlaw put in their hours of work then return each night to live and eat in the comfort of their home. My son who also puts in his hours of work, lives with a stanger (roommate)in a motel room 9 months out of the year. eat only in diners, fast food.. (hey it sounds like college student) After games traveling 6 to 7 hours through the night on a bus to arrive about 5am to sleep in the lobby till they let you check in or go lift. this is done week after week. One day you could be released or be moved thousands of miles to another team (which in his case involved being dropped off at a Chicago bus station in the middle of the night to catch a bus) if he did have family they are not the responsiblity of the team and its up to them to stay or find their own way to the next team . These are some of the reasons (in my MHO) you can not compare the 2 jobs,
Yes its great to play baseball ..... But you have to consider the life style..
Last edited by njbb