Skip to main content

Reply to "Still want to play professional baseball???????"

quote:
I could think a ton of worse jobs. Custodian, garbage man, fry cook at mcdonalds, etc.

Adam, I am not sure I could have been more clear in my post. My comments were focused on the minor leagues and the pay in the minor leagues. Each job you have included is protected by the federal and state minimum wage laws. A fry cook at McDonald's, earning the minimum wage, gets paid more per hour than a minor league player at the lower levels.
Since you have such a problem with the amounts major leaguers are paid, do you have similar type feelings for the owners of those clubs who made money in private industry and then pay those salaries as opposed to donating the money to charity?
You are indeed correct that MLB is an entertainment business. It attracts billions of dollars in revenues because people love to watch the game being played or the beer that is being served, or other such things. With those billions in revenue that MLB is receiving, why do the players earn too much money, when it is their talent that is responsible for the popularity of the game? Are you proposing the money should only go to the owners and to MLB/Bud.
Last edited by infielddad