Skip to main content

Reply to "STOP and TAKE the TIME"

quote:
Originally posted by orioles42:
To all of my friends in the OKPWV as I call it, I wanted to sneak out of the shadows and wish you and yours a very Merry Chrsitmas. I miss you guys so much and I am sorry for not really contributing to much at all really the last couple of years.

I ask that each one of you take the time and slow things down a bit over the Christmas break and stop to enjoy what we have; all of us I know are truly blessed.

Sometimes and I am certainly guilty of this one, we get so caught up in baseball and helping our players be succesful that we tend to forget the really important things we have in life.

I am still heavily involved in the development of players in the game I love.....but the last couple of years I have started to stop and take notice of some really important things outside of baseball. I have spent so much time with my son who is out of professional baseball and doing very well as well as all of the time I am spending with other parents kids, that I lost perspective of what truly matters. Now I have that perspective back...took me long enough, but NOW I have balance. I wished the heck I could have figured this out years ago.

Stop Take Time and gain that balance!

Merry Christmas my friends.....Mike

Mike - thanks for posting - your posts always have special meaning for me and this one is no exception. I'll definitely heed your words! If you get a chance, send me a pm with your cell phone number and I'll give you a call for a friendly chat.

Merry Christmas indeed!