Skip to main content

Reply to "Stress Reaction"

Bumping this back up in case anyone has any pointers for avoiding reinjury upon return to hitting, running, lifting.  Son is a very self-motivated switch hitter (self-taught) and although frustrated, has been diligently following doctor's and PT's instructions to rest and do PT exercises.  He has no pain right now, but has not been lifting, running, or hitting for weeks.  He  modified activities and stopped playing games 7 weeks ago and then shut down even swinging a bat or throwing following the MRI 3 weeks ago.  He has now completed about 7 weeks of PT.  Can tell poor kid has definitely lost weight (he was in great shape when the injury took place).  We will be rechecked by the doctor next week and it is possible my son will be cleared to resume some activities.  My biggest question is how to safely get back to training while avoiding the same injury?  He is currently missing training with his travel team and hopes to try out for his high school team in late winter/early spring.  I suspect the initial injury may have come from too much weight at the gym (impossible to know for sure), but my son also just pushes himself and was training very hard before the start of the fall season.  Thanks in advance for any advice or shared experiences!

Last edited by ILoveBaseball04