Skip to main content

Reply to "strongest league in Wa"

Coach Mills, I think the problem is more finding a decent program that you would find fulfilling.  I can only go off of Narrows 3A this year and Evergreen 2a the year before.

It seems like, at least in those two leagues and in the Olympia/Tacoma area there are teams that are really good and pretty competitive and other teams that are absolutely horrible.  Our team (North Thurston HS) is one of the better teams and has only lost to the Narrows 3A champ in league play.  Otherwise we have literally drubbed the daylights out of every other Narrows 3A team in the division.  So it is essentially a two team division here with five other teams acting as fodder for the good teams.  The third best team in the division was beaten 6-0, 7-1 and 10-0 by the top two teams in the division.

So I am guessing there are opportunities but it will be with programs that need a LOT of work.  One of the 3A teams didn't even field a JV squad this year.  Not ripping on them, these schools have priorities and baseball probably isn't one of them.