Skip to main content

Reply to "strongest league in Wa"

I think I can say with some assurance that there is more parity in KingCo, and probably the SPSL, at least at the 4A level.  KingCo 2A/3A and Metro both have some outstanding teams, but also some of what Wklink is talking about (just fewer doormat teams). I don't know many of the other leagues well, but there tend to be pretty strong teams/leagues near most of the major cities in the state.  The further out you go, the harder it is to connect with a good select program (at least without a lot of travel), and the better programs are full of kids who play summer ball while teams that don't have their fair share of year-round kids seem to struggle.

i will say this, though: teachers at the schools do not seem to have a headlock on coaching jobs, and there seems to be a decent amount of turnover (the bad news: that's probably because these jobs don't pay very well).  There are good players here; I think a dedicated coach could make a name for himself here.  Just be prepared to supplement your income with another job, and/or summer ball coaching.... Come on up!