Skip to main content

Reply to "Strongest Summer teams"

The 16U Arlington Heat team will be competitive, but will not finish in the top 6 at BBI. It will be close, and I could be wrong about that.

We are not going to AABC, have no plans to attend. It isn't in our plans.

That is not why our team was put together.

We are a pure 15 team with 2 16's (was informed Sunday that we might have 3 16's, who knows.)

I think we showed what we are Saturday, our second game out we lost to the Knights 15 in the bottom of the 7th in a 5-4 game.

We will play the tough teams close, but we also have a set rotation on the pitchers, and will not save our #1 starter just because XYZ team is on the schedule.

Everybody has a different philosophy on how to run a team. Some are all about win/loss record, some others are about teaching kids fundementals.

While we aren't truely in either of those categories, we are a blend of winning to keep the kids interested, but the main focus will be to let the coach instill some of his expertise upon the kids. Since he played Major League Ball for 10 years or so, has 2 world series rings and an All Star Game appearance and on top of that Managed in the minors, I am hoping for the best.

Before we will hit our stride, we will have to play some more games. We basically have kids from 3 different teams merged together and they still are trying to learn the other kids' names, let alone knowing how to play together.

Next year will be a different situation.

I will also be interested to see how Chris' 18U team does, as I know quite a few players on the team.