Skip to main content

Reply to "Stupid Coaches"

BBman put a link to a dicussion that bears me out on the CB. I attribute his survival without injury even when over used to the fact that he threw very few FBs and his mechanics. I know I have had this argument way too many times to think I can cnvince you. There have been numerous discussions and several kowledgeable posters over the years who have also had the same results.
A thread had alluded to the latest opinions several times and people surprised by ASMIs new take on the subject.

Here is a comment from the thread from someone who found the infp and did read it:

Another of the non-intuitive revelations that recently came out of ASMI was: Throwing breaking balls does not seem to correlate with youth pitcher injuries--at least in the studies conducted so far--despite a tremendous amount of 'common baseball wisdom' to the contrary. In fact, Fleisig and Andrews specifically looked for that correlation, hypothesizing ahead of time that it would be found. However, when the presumed correlation was not found, they were good enough scientists to report their findings without bias.
Last edited by BobbleheadDoll