Skip to main content

Reply to "Submarine Pitcher"

baseball.123 posted:

I have a junior right handed submarine pitcher on my team that I think has a bright future at a D1 school of some type. He throws from a submarine slot about 79-81 with a very good slider/changeup combo and control that is about the same as most of our guys from a regular arm slotI believe his gpa is in the 92-94 range, and he is one of the best kids and hardest workers on our team. I believe his ERA is around 1.00 this spring and he went undefeated on our Varsity team in a very competitive large school division in PA. He has recently began to gain some attention and due to the unusual motion, has gotten interest from all over (D1, D2, and D3). I believe he is a D1 pitcher at least at some level, but can anyone give me some indication on where he should focus his attention. 

FAU had 2 submarine pitchers this year. Their average velocity was just a bit above your players and one a junior, who did hit 87, 88 a few times , one a senior but their best stuff was below 85 one a senior. 

There is a place for submarine pitchers especially at the mid D1 level, some coaches like to bring them in for relief for a different look.  

Both pitchers had spectacular seasons.