Skip to main content

Reply to "Summer 2021 Travel Ball"

@Senna posted:

@TerribleBPthrower, I had the same thought around this time last year. My advice is that it was too soon to think about that last year, and it's DEFINITELY too soon to think about that in this climate.

Beyond that, I believe your son is a C, correct? My thought is that he needs to catch velo from high level pitchers, and catch in high leverage situations. Plus, he needs to hit velo. He needs to be playing to do this. Interest from schools won't matter if he isn't improving. 

Finally, son's rising sophomore year, he played on both his HS team and his travel team. It was tiring, but it was extremely rewarding to him. 

Yes, it is too soon to make any decisions, especially since there really isn't any clarity on whether schools will be allowed to recruit normally and whether they will be able to do camps.

You bring up some great points. My son somewhat jumped up a level this fall to a new team and so far it has been pretty fun to watch. They went 3-0 in the sophomore WWBA in pool games and finished the weekend 4-1. He gets to catch P's that are all very good and hit against some of the best arms in his class.