Skip to main content

Reply to "Summer ball..."

floridafan- It was definitely a good game. The crowd was very into it and the place was packed, so it was loud. Being that I play at a small school that was easily the most people I've ever played in front of and it was a lot of fun.

We have been pitching very well as a team and the results in the first 3 games have been good. Hopefully as the bats come around we can continue to throw well and win some ball games (also hoping that they aren't as close as the first 3...I don't know if we can manage to play 56 consecutive close games LOL).

Your son sat back on an 0-2 curveball and stroked it pretty nicely into right field during that 7th inning. Luckily for me and unfortunately for him my right fielder tracked it down and made the play, but my heart stopped for a second upon the initial contact.

Let me know if you are ever coming up when we play the Swampdogs again. I know they are in our division so we will play them quite a bit and it would be cool to speak to you in person.

I live in the NYC metro area so going to school in Oneonta has been somewhat of a different experience for me culturally (as is living for the summer in North Carolina). But the Catskills of upstate NY are beautiful and I really enjoy where I go to school. Hate to admit I've never been to Franklin, but it is very close and I'm sure just as nice as Oneonta is.
Last edited by J H