Skip to main content

Reply to "Summer ball..."

FF- Tonight's game was a pretty wet one. Luckily for us our offense put together some timely hits and broke it open in the mid-innings and we were able to pull it out. We've gotten a pretty good one-two punch in the bullpen with a submarine RHP as a setup guy and a mid-90's closer who was drafted by the Twins and is in negotiations, so hopefully they can remain healthy and steady and we can ride them out late innings.

Lucky for us on another note, our owner has the interns on laundry duty...so we just put the uni's in a bin after the game and they're hanging on the dugout railing numerically the next day when we arrive at the park. I feel bad for your son that he's on laundry duty.

Might I add for those who are reading, Floridafan's son is the 3rd baseman for the Fayettevile Swampdogs and hits in the middle of their order. We keep pretty extensive hitting spray charts and pattern charts on opponents (Fayetteville is a division opponent, meaning that tonight was our 7th game against them and we still have 5 more to go). FF's son is easily the most difficult hitter in the Swampdogs lineup to figure out. A lot of guys show tendencies in their approaches and these can be exploited by looking through the charts and then executing accordingly on the mound. But FF's son doesn't really have a pattern. He's been very successful against us in all counts, against all pitches and in all locations. When a player can prove to be consistent like that, he is often the toughest out to get because he has no true weakness.

infielddad- I'm headed to the library tomorrow to do some P.R work for the team and read books to local kids, so I'll make sure to try and look around and see if they have Bullpen Gospels. I first heard about it during my conference tournament, but between that, finals, regionals and now the CPL, I haven't had much time to do anything else aside from get my life in order.

I'll check back in periodically whenever there's a few hours that I get a layover. I'll share a little more in depth information about what kind of preparation goes on off the field, the comraderies formed, and some interestingly humurous things that have gone on
Last edited by J H