Skip to main content

Reply to "Summer ball..."

JH:

Haven't been on the site for a while because I've been watching a lot of college baseball recently, but I will tell you that I came across the thread and really enjoyed your summer entries. As a former CPL dad, many of your assessments are spot on. (Yes, the Columbia coach is both classless and a clown.) But you really hit the mark with your travel entry. The road trips are killer, especially if you play in a city on the fringe of the league. Six to seven-hour bus trips every two to three days can really sap a player, especially in the Carolina heat. You have to love baseball to keep plugging. Even minor leaguers get a few days in the hotel after a long road trip. The CPL guys come right back and do it again the next day. What's really fun is when the bus breaks down. Smile

Keep up the good work with your posts. They're a real eye-opener for kids who haven't played summer ball yet and give a nice flavor of what it's like. Best of luck to you the rest of the summer and next season back at school.