Skip to main content

Reply to "Summer Before Freshman Year"

@22and25 posted:

Wait, your 2025 team’s coach is also the head coach for three high school age group teams ahead of you?  Is that normal for your organization or just due to covid?  I don’t see how, in a normal summer, a single coach could possibly handle the schedule of three teams.  That’s nuts.

As for the rest of your question, man it’s hard to help you prioritize without knowing your base skill level.  What would you consider is your best tool?  Where would you say that tool is today in terms of being ready to show it off?  

Yes, he is the coach for the 3 high aged school teams ahead of me and also a HS coach. This is normal, not something due to COVID. I would have to say my best tool is my defense. I have a good arm from the outfield and at my new position catcher (before the injury) I was great at blocking in the few inter squad games we played. I also have a pretty good swing but my problem was consistency. I was just starting to really find my swing before my arm injury. I plan on working even harder when I am rehabbed and attack my weaknesses.

Last edited by 2025prospect