Skip to main content

Reply to "Summer Before Freshman Year"

Hey 2025 Prospect,

First of all-I love your dedication to the sport . That's 90% of getting better. You'll figure out what to do. My advice-which is not worth much , since i don't know you personally, is this: You are smart, you can figure out what to do. Play to your strengths , but work on improving your weaknesses. Almost all the MLB hitters , hit off a T everyday . Do it ! work on hitting off a machine, whenever you can, for timing. Have fun-baseball is the Greatest game on earth, so enjoy each practice. Time spent playing computer games or watching TV , is time that other kids are getting better. My son ,also had an injury and is doing Rehab , preparing for the summer of his Freshman year. You've got time, rehab carefully and smart and get strong, so you'll never have this injury again. You've got time , but don't waste this time. There is alot you can do, while you are in Rehab.

God Bless , and get strong and let us know how you progress!

Thank you for the words of encouragement! 🙏 Best of luck to your son with his rehabilitation process! On the computer time and watching TV- I honestly don’t play much video games. Most of my computer time is spent here or watching baseball training videos. I enjoy reading old threads(some from before I was even born)  and hearing others experiences. When I’m bored and find myself on the computer, I’ll hop off and do something to work on baseball. Whether it be more receiving, reviewing video or doing mirror work.

Last edited by 2025prospect