Skip to main content

Reply to "Summer before junior year"

Have your son make a list of schools he is interested in after the 'sit down' with the travel coach.  Make sure you have updated emails for the coaches at each school.  They can change  right after the season so make sure to keep it up to date.

After son gets his schedule for the summer, have your son do an 'intro email' to each school.  Name, school, position, team he plays for, and the summer schedule.  Maybe attach a short video clip.   Also, any accolades or recent measures.  Do one email per coach/school.  *Make sure he sends the email to the correct coaches.  Can't stress this enough.  I know of a player who sent an email to Coach X at Coach Y's school....I know the interest dropped from both schools,  and he wound up attending a rival school in the same conference.

The week before each summer tournament, send each coach the times your son will be playing, where/location, which field, etc.  If there is a change, update the email.  Son sent each email attached to the initial intro email so the coach would have ALL the info if he wanted it.

The next week, repeat.  Add schools and stop emails as needed.

Do not expect a reply.

Most of the work will be done through the travel coach...but your son needs to do some work as well, at least to show interest in the school.

Worked for my son.  Committed the summer before Junior year.

Last edited by keewart