Skip to main content

Reply to "Summer College Ball, tell me abt your players experience."

My son was excited he got assigned to the Cape after his So. season as he had to sit out the summer before for wrist surgery and missed the Savannah Bananas who won a title in their division. He was closing games during his So. season....or really being the fireman out of the pen. Losing all 3 starters for the upcoming fall he had it in his mind to transition back to starting and was determined to do that up there in the Cape. He started one game for Hyannis, gave up a string of hits, walked several and got knocked down by a line drive, right in the chest. He left the game and his chest wasn't  the only thing hurting. 

Fortunately the Baseball Gods looked after him and he got the call to "try out" for Team USA CNT immediately after he got to the Cape. He ended up being one of two closers on that squad and the rest is history. Talk about the game leading you where you should be. I didn't have the heart to tell him NOT to go after the starting roles as i figured he had the back end sewed up and was pretty good at it. For it to work out this way was a roller coaster but the best way. 

Have fun, it is a blast.