Skip to main content

Reply to "Summer Collegiate League Assignments"

My two cents. This was 2009. My sons freshman year was assigned to Prospect league. Team North Coast Knights in Lorain Ohio. HC had him lined up to play in coastal plains league but son being 12 hours away at college wanted to play closer to home. Was an hour from house. We knew someone so we pulled a string to do this with HC permission. My son had a great season and got a lot of playing time, lived at home. There were kids from California, Arizona, Minnesota and everywhere. Their living quarters were broken into as field was not in good neighborhood. We took in 6 boys from the team. It was crazy but my son is still in touch with them today. Don’t remember if there was a cost. I personally know the owners and coaches for the Chillicothe Paints in the Prospect league. Great people, great team!!! They will take care of your sons. My other son who eventually gave up baseball after sophomore year played freshman year summer ball in The Great Lakes League for the Lima Locos. Experience was just ok. Moving forward. Agree with KEEWART !!!! My son played in the Northwoods League for the Eau Claire express in upstate Wisconsin in 2010 and 2011. The team won the championship in 2010. (These teams are difficult to get on. Advice is to work with HC and not be afraid to discuss.) He lived with the greatest host family for both seasons. We still remain friends to this day. Our family had wonderful vacations on the beautiful lakes of Wisconsin. The attendance as KEEWART mentioned was always sold out. The Madison Mallards a team in the league drew 10,000 to every home game. My son traveled by bus very long distances and as KEEWART said is like the milb. I highly recommend the Northwoods League no matter the cost.  My son would tell you to this day that those 2 summers were fun and great!!! Still friends with those teammates. There were many scouts at all the summer league games and would call my sons summer coach to see when he was pitching. Funny story, small world. My sons summer coach had a son who was a few years younger who now plays in milb for the same MLB team as my son. Summer ball is confusing and an unknown. Well worth it IMO!!!!

As always 

For the love of the game!!!⚾️⚾️⚾️