Skip to main content

Reply to "Summer Collegiate League Experience"

We are hosting for the second time.  The first time was 3 UT son's teammates.  Built a strong connection with the guys.  I feel sorry for them because it is a 45 minute drive to field each way.  This year we have 1 UT player and 2 MTSU players.  We have a finished basement.  We have 1 player who was supposed to stay with us but decided to stay at his house.  1 1/2 hour drive each way.  I can't imagine doing that by himself when you get home from some away games at 2 AM and have to be back for another away game at 11 AM the next morning.  We have offered for him to come stay with our guys on those nights.  We always try to provide their favorite foods and hook them up with their favorite things to do when they have time, which is rare.  The last group loved to fish so we hooked them up with some good ponds in our area.  Some, I have not even  been invited to go to.  Our problem is we are not here the first week because of SEC Championship but we just let them in the house and tell them where everything is.