Skip to main content

Reply to "Summer Collegiate League Experience"

Oldest son played in Canada after freshman year, w/ the Hays Larks after sophomore year, and in Wyoming after junior year.  Best baseball was in Kansas.  Most fun was in Canada and Wyoming (hunting / fishing / hiking).  Best family was in Canada, but he didn't have a bad one in Kansas either.  In Wyoming they were all in a local hotel so no host family. 

Youngest is starting this summer.  Staying in his college town to play for his assistant coach to make sure he gets at bats, but also gets refreshed and rest (although he wants to play everyday).

Has a great host family already lined up.  She cooked dinner (steak, italian, fajitas) for him several times during the college season. She is letting him store his dorm stuff in her storage facility (so he does not have to move to and from) and has played golf with him and her mid 20's son.

During his 3 weeks home I've seen him in many different college baseball shirts..........and I'm like "where did you get that", and he said XXXX has a closet full of them that she lets her players wear during the summer in case they don't bring enough stuff.  Sounds like a good start to the summer.  He leaves next Tuesday for 55 games in 2 months, but he's taking off 2 weeks in the middle of the season to go to the beach w/ college teammates and girlfriends (what I don't know won't hurt me, right?), and then we'll vacation for 2 weeks after the season.