Skip to main content

Reply to "Summer League"

I totally agree that most (if not all) of the other players coming in as freshman, along with my son, have played on high-power summer or travel team. In fact, thanks to PG Crosschecker, I was able to see the names of some of the players joining my son: I haven't been able to check on all of them, but the guys from our area have all played on elite travel teams. A couple of them have played on multiple teams of this caliber since they were kids (thank you google for keeping archives on kids since little league!!) Anyway, while I've been researching this, I've gone on the website of a couple of different teams here in Northern California. There seems to be several different leagues. The question is: should we pick a team based on the players profiles (i.e.which colleges they are attending) or on the coaches or on the caliber of league (a question not easily answered because I have no idea what I'm looking for). It almost seems easier to look at the rosters and think "oh, there's guys from UCSB, Cal Poly, Cal, Sonoma State, St. Mary's...good programs and these guys are on this team.."