Skip to main content

Reply to "Summer League"

quote:
Originally posted by Bee>:
quote:
by sue: What do you all think of incoming Freshman playing everyday of their Summer.
my 2 cents
it's time for you to help your son determine the difference between a demanding schedule & getting beat up. catching double headers on a 1 catcher team fits "getting beat up".

jmo

See I totally agree. It was awful this past Summer on his regular team. They should of recruited another Catcher when the one dropped off but they didn't. The Coach was not the same Coach as the Summer before and he didn't worry about keeping the players in good shape or not tearing them down. We were so glad when that team's season was over!! If the other Coach had been back that would never ever have happened. Even if he had to put another position player into Catch he would of. DH finally had to lay down the law and tell him that our Son was not going to Catch certain games that he was tearing him down and he needed a much deserved break. Needless to say the Coach was furious but had no choice at the point DH was not going to back down.

I guess you agree with our thought that this other team that plans on playing every single day is crazy?