Skip to main content

Reply to "Summer league host families"

2022NYC posted:
RoadRunner posted:
GloFisher posted:

I was wondering if anyone had any recent thoughts on living with a host family... either positive or negative experiences.  What to look out for and prepare for...

Son lived with a host family as a 17 year old. He/we are still friends with the family. It was one of the best experiences for him. He grew up a lot.  Had to learn to talk to people he didn’t really know, be assertive while being responsible and respectful.  As High Change said, a lot of common sense and common courtesy. All good stuff. Stuff he will need to learn to become an effective employee, husband, father, etc. 

RR,

Did your son play summer ball as a rising freshman? Would you mind sharing more about that?

Thanks

He did not. He played for the Midland Redskins organization as a rising senior.  He so wanted to play in a college wood bat league as a rising college freshman.  And I wish he would’ve had that opportunity.  Those opps are hard to come by, from my understanding.  If you get that opportunity, jump on it.  If you need more info about our 17u experience, shoot me a pm.  I don’t wanna hi jack this thread, lol