Skip to main content

Reply to "Summer/Fall Baseball Programs"

I am glad to see some constructive conversation about this topic. Many of the topics discussed here are what I expected to see.

One I have not seen, is the opportunity for these young ballplayers to enjoy playing the game of baseball.

As generations go by, I believe this element tends to become weaker and weaker in amatuer baseball. Us grown ups Smile.....25 and older, we can remember the days when you show up, tryout, and a coach would call you a tell you which team you are on. As with everyday life, the continuous quest to better an individual comes with changes. Such as select programs.

Parents and Players in my mind, get a preconcieved idea that if you do this or that the outcome will be success.

In my mind, if a kid with talent focuses on enjoying the game of baseball and playing under a "team" concept, everything takes care of itself.

In essence, I do not believe select programs make good ballplayers. I believe focused, dedicated, and kids with integrity make good ballplayers. Which concludes that no matter what situation your a young ballplayer is in, this ballplayer will get exactly what he puts into it.

There are many examples of this but I will save it waiting for more comments on my this post.
Last edited by Ken Guthrie