Skip to main content

Reply to "Surprised by Your Own Player"

@TMM_Dad, I love it! I was the same way when my son was 7. 😂 As he got older and started playing against higher level competition I was (and continue to be) amazed by the talent out there! And it’s made me realize just what a big deal it is to be able to continue playing at any level after HS.

Also Like you, I was overseas for some of my son’s coolest moments recently as well. This summer, he hit back to back grand slams at the East Coast Pro against some of the top high school pitching in the country (both of which were game-winning although not walk-offs). I was watching live streams in Mozambique so there was a delay. For the second one, I got a text from my husband saying “He hit another one” before I got to see it. It was surreal.

But I have to say, after crushing a bunch of home runs at the beginning of this (high school) season, PTWoodson has been struggling. March was a rough month. As fun as it was to see him succeeding this summer, he’s impressed me even more with how he’s handled struggling. He’s calm, he’s there for his teammates, he’s still playing within himself and that maturity and humility has just blown us away.

Last edited by PTWood