Skip to main content

Reply to "Surprised by Your Own Player"

I think I need to change my name - I am now a 2024 Righty dad.  I had joined under the name 2017Screwball or something like that.  Well, 2017 hung them up after one year in college after getting red-shirted.  Still waiting to get the full story, but that may take a few more years.  But once again, I am being surprised by my own player.  Have a freshman playing JV and doing quite well - both on the mound and at SS.  I thought I had sort of learned how to "spot talent" a few years ago, but 2024 is a true surprise.  He loves baseball, seems to love school, so I am once again thinking about his potential to keep playing after high school.  Learned great lessons her about fishing in the right pond, but I really think it will be another 12-24 months before the right pond reveals itself.

Many familiar names - thanks again for all the info last time and I hope to get to tap back into the wealth of info again.  Maybe this time he'll make it to college summer ball - something I missed out on with 2017.