Skip to main content

Reply to "Swing analysis please"

I'll chime in a little...but be very cautious with internet help. Best advise to anyone reading this is to go to a quality hitting instructor with proven results, and with that said I truly believe that the mental side of hitting outweighs the mechanical side.

Based on the short video, swing looks good with a line drive up-the-middle approach. A couple times you pull off the ball, but I can tell that you can feel when this happens and are able to self-correct it

Something to work on is getting into your lower-half a little more. Your lower-half looks strong, but you ain't really taking full advantage of it by truly loading into that back hip. Re-watch yourself swing and you'll notice how everything kind of goes at once. There really isn't any separation between your hips/shoulders. Without a proper load and separation a lot of flyballs are destined to die on the warning track.

But like I said before to anyone reading this, use caution.... I recommend taking little bits at a time to work on with a good hitting instructor. Stay out of your own head, keep it loose, keep it fun, and I can almost guarantee you'll see positive results.