Skip to main content

Reply to "Swing Evaluation"

quote:
Originally posted by johnny appleseed:
Am I doing this because my swing is long? Power, are you saying my hands are leading my swing? What drills can I do to stop from doing these things?Thanks.

Actually, your swing is long because you are doing this. Your hands should be going back as your front toe touches down. One pattern would be to turn your front knee and foot to the Pitcher just before landing and then as your front heel plants, your back heel should raise and the bathead should be pulled backwards as the back elbow slots and back hip fires. Your bellybutton should be pointing at or very near the Pitcher before your hands start forward.

THIS IS A DRILL!!! If you start with your bellybutton pointing at the Pitcher and your hands as far behind your back shoulder as possible, you will feel what the swing should be.

The timing (on a regular swing) is that your hands should not stop moving and should be back as far as possible when you finally start to swing at the ball. YOU have to learn to get to that point with the movement of your body.
Last edited by powertoallfields