Skip to main content

Reply to "Talking to coaches about offers."

None of my younger son's offers had a timeline on them.  We did get to a point where one said what will it take to get you here?  What more can I do?  That was the point that I pushed him to make a decision.  Who else was he waiting to get in the mix or what more was he looking for.  When the answer was nobody or nothing, then he decided.

My middle son got an offer from UNC and they put a 24 hour timeframe on it.  They told him he was their first choice but they had kids below him that they would move to if he did not want the offer.  That was the only offer that had a timeframe with either of my kids' 50-75 offers between the two of them.

I would remind you as you go through this to not burn any bridges as you have read 1000 times on here. Especially in today's culture when coaches move a lot and players are being let go a lot and that will continue.  There is 8 years between my middle and youngest son and many of the coaches that recruited my middle son also recruited my youngest son.  They did not realize to start with that it was his brother because we had moved states and there was such a time difference between them.  But how we treated coaches in my middle son's recruiting came back to be helpful in my youngest son's recruiting.  There were even about 10 coaches that called my middle son because he still had the same phone number to talk the game and get insight into his brother.  It also spoke to me that they don't get rid of those records from 8 years ago.